The areas for coffee planting
To know the countries that produce coffee, the most sensible and practical method is to classify them into the three major coffee growing regions: Africa, Indonesia, and Central and South America. In general, coffee grown in adjacent areas has similar characteristics. If a particular bean is out of stock from one area, manufacturers of coffee will generally look for new source from nearby countries. If buyer say: I want to a "medium", This means light, delicious and vibrant Central American beans. Or maybe adding "Africa" to make it more tasteful. Africa is a land full of wild beans.Or adding "Indonesia" as basic. Because no other beans have such a powerful, rich taste.
Beans have different tastes depending on the growing area. The factors affecting the taste are the category of the coffee tree, the feature of the soil, the climate and elevation of the cultivation garden, the cautiousness of the harvesting, and the process of the bean baking. These factors vary by region, and bakers and buyers check the characteristics of coffee from each region which can make a unique flavor by mixing. You can try to pursue your dream coffee.
Cuban Crystal Mountain Coffee - Cubita Cubita Coffee In Cuba. Coffee cultivation is managed by the state. The best coffee growing area in Cuba is located in the Central Mountain Range. Because this area is not only planted with coffee, but also precious minerals such as quartz and crystal is here, it is also known as Crystal Mountain. Crystal Mountain is adjacent to Jamaica's Blue Mountains and has similar climatic conditions. Its taste is similar to that of Blue Mountain Coffee, comparable with the Blue Mountains of Jamaica. Therefore, the Crystal Mountain of Cuba has become the object of comparison with the Blue Mountains of Jamaica when we talk about coffee. The Crystal Mountain is also known as the "Blue Mountain of Cuba". Cuban crystal mountain representative coffee is Cubita. Cubirta is like an elegant princess. Crystal Mountain Cubita Coffee is synonymous as top Cuban coffee. Cubita became the designated coffee of the Cuban Embassy, known as "the unique Caribbean-style coffee" and "the special coffee beans among island coffee beans."
1. Some people in Côte d'Ivoire say it is the third largest coffee origin in the world followed Brazil and Colombia, but some say it is Indonesia. What is certain is that its Robusta production is the biggest in the world. The main planting area is the southern part for the medium-sized Robusta coffee beans.
2. Ethiopia is an agro-country with a long history and tradition of coffee origin. The name "coffee" is thought originally from the southwestern part of Kafa. And the southern part of the area is the main planting area. The eastern highland Hala, is also as famous as the coffee name "Hala".
1. The state of Karnataka in southwestern India is the main planting area, and the coffee bean granules are large in shape. Coffee beans from the southeastern state of Tamil Nadu are small in size, but the best in India.
2. The Indonesian coffee production is mainly in three small islands: Java, Sumatra and Sulawesi. The original Robusta species accounts for 90% of its coffee production. A small amount of Arabica coffee beans planted on Java Island which are small particles and of good quality. The Arabiancam beans on this island was once of world-class. But in 1920 it was replanted with the Robusta beans due to large-scale pests and diseases. Today, its Robusta coffee beans are among the best in the world. Special bitterness of "Java" is widely used for mixing usage. The "Mentine" on the Sumatra island is a very small quantity Arabica species which are quite large in size. The production management is not ideal and the quality of the baking is affect too much on the coffee beans. So it will be criticized a bit. But the rich and mellow taste from the East Ocean and taste as as the syrup-lubricated, made it the best before the Blue Mountain appeared. Though there are still many people who love it.
"Ankara" is a small round coffee bean and a coffee can represent Indonesia. Mandheling, Indonesia is big coffee production countries. Coffee is mainly from Java, Sumatra and Sulaw, and ROBUSTA species account for 90% of total production. Mandheling is one of the Arbica species. Mandheling granules are large. The beans are very hard, and the rate of cockroaches in the planting process is high. It is usually manually selected after harvesting. If the quality control process is not strict enough, it is easy to cause uneven quality. And the degree of baking is also directly Affecting the taste. So it has become a controversial item. Before the Blue Mountain was discovered, Mandheling was once regarded as the best coffee, because it is rich in mellow taste, not sour. Bitterness can be revealed easily. Moderate baking will cause a little sour taste but rich flavor; if the baking is too light, there will be a powdery and astringent taste.
3. Yemen has a saying that coffee was brought to Yemen by Ethiopia and then began to spread around the world. It is the birthplace of the original Arabica species, and it has been famous because of the Mocha coffee produced, but now it is no longer prosperous as before.
Central and South America
1. Mexican coffee planting is concentrated in the southern part of Guatemala. There are mountains running through the east and west sides, making its mountains inclined to become the ideal cultivated terrain for coffee. It is classified into three kinds of coffees by altitude. Names is Aldea, Prima, Labard and Barn Labad. The size of the coffee beans ranges from medium to large. And the appearance and aroma are generally good.
2.Jamaica is famous for its coffee. Jamaica Island is a small country in the Caribbean. The mountain slopes running through the island are the main place of origin of Jamaican coffee. The most famous place is Blue Mountain, located in the northeast of the capital Kingston. The beautiful Blue Mountain Peak is an excellent coffee cultivation site with a elevation of 2,256 meter. The coffee is named after the mountain and is the among all coffee. The granules are big and of good quality, rich taste, and have the proper acid, bitterness, aroma, alcohol and sweetness. They are recognized as the best in the world. They are usually accompanied by a logo and a guarantee from factory, and then loaded into a large beer barrel. There are grades of NO.1, NO.2, NO.3, for round beans.
The coffee trees are planted on the steep slopes of about 1000 meters above sea level. The annual production of Blue Mountain Coffee is only about 700 tons. It is suitable for single-origin coffee. Due to the low production volume, most of the products sold on the market are “special mxied blue mountains”, which is based on the blue mountains beanss and mix other coffee beans inside.
3. Brazil is one of the world's largest coffee producers and exporters. Due to the large amount of productions in the vast territory of the country, in order to fix the geographical gap and quality gap, Brazil sets a quality grading benchmark to make the quality of the beans very good. Since ancient times, it had been regarded as an indispensable coffee bean. It is also easy to process, so it is widely popular all over the world. Brazil is the world's most important coffee producing area, with a total production of one-third of the world's total production. Brazil has 10 states that produce coffee beans. Due to geographical and climatic differences, quality is inevitable. Therefore, Brazilian coffee beans are classified into grades. .1-No.3, Screen 18, Screen 19, in order to achieve a neat and stable quality. It can also have a good effect when processing and baking. The scent, acid of Brazilian coffee are moderate. bitterness is light. And they are known for their smooth taste.
Among the various Brazilian coffee varieties, Santos Coffee is most famous. Santos Coffee can also be called Bourbon Santos. Bourbon Santos is of excellent quality, with a smooth taste, moderate acidity and a strong sweet taste. Bourbon Santos is considered an indispensable ingredient in making mixed coffee.
4. Colombia is the world's second largest coffee producer second only to Brazil. It is the leader among the countries that plant "milid Colombia coffee". The place of origin has become a well-known name for coffee, such as Midden, Manizares, Bogota, Almenia, etc. Each with its own style. Coffee beans are light green and large in size. With the unique thick taste, it is very suitable for pure coffee or mixed coffee. Colombian coffee trees are planted in the highlands, and the area of farming is small, so that they can easily be taken care of or harvested. The harvested coffee beans are treated with a water-washing method (wet method). Colombian coffee beans are of neat quality and are called standard beans. The taste is sweet and low in bitterness. With the different degree of baking, it can create multi-layered flavor. Moderate baking can make the vivid sweetness, with a pleasant acidity and bitterness; deep baking will increase the bitterness, but the sweetness will not disappear too much. In general, moderately deep baking will make the taste more individual, not only suitable a single origin coffee, but also as a blended coffee.
5. Hawaiian coffee beans are grown on volcanic terrain. At the same time, there is a high-density cultivation of agronomy, so each bean can be said to be spoiled, and the price is naturally high only second to the Blue Mountain.
Hawaiian Kona is neat, with a strong sour and sweet taste. The taste is smooth. Moderate baking gives the beans a sour taste. When deep-baked, the bitterness and mellowness are aggravated. This coffee bean grows at a height from 6,000 feet above sea level. Espresso coffee generally grows only in the mountains, growing at a height of about 4,000-6,000 feet, requiring annual rainfall of about 80 feet, and the dry and wet seasons need to be very noticeable. The quality of soil the must be very fertile, and there need to be usually volcanic rocks. Shallow clouds or cloudy weather are also necessary in the growth environment of high quality coffee beans. The temperature during the day needs to be 15-20 °C. This climate creates a longer growth process. These above that give it a more intense coffee flavor.